(1) Never in my wildest dreams _________ these people are living in such poor conditions. (安徽卷)
A. I could imagine B. could I imagine
C. I couldn’t imagine D. couldn’t I imagine
(2) Never before _________ in greater need of modern public transport than it is today. (上海卷)
A. has this city been B. this city has been
C. was this city D. this city was
(1) Little _________ that we were watching his every move, so he seemed to be going his own way in this business. (安徽卷)
A. he realized B. he didn’t realize
C. didn’t he realize D. did he realize
(2) They have a good knowledge of English but little _________ they know about German (天津卷)
A. have B. did C. had D. do
(1) Seldom _________ any apology when mistakes are made.
A. we receive B. do we receive
C. we received D. did we receive
(2) Seldom _________ an article that was so full of lies.
A. have I read B. I have read C. had I read D. I had read.
4. 考查hardly / scarcely置于句首時的倒裝
當否定副詞hardly, scarcely等置于句首時，其后習慣上要用倒裝語序(與一般疑問句形式相同) 。如：(答案為A)
Hardly _________ Edinburgh than they were ordered to return to London.
A. had they reached B. they had reached
C. have the reached D. they have reached
5. 考查no sooner等置于句首時的倒裝
當no sooner, no longer等結構置于句首時，其后習慣上要用倒裝語序(與一般疑問句形式相同) 。如：(答案分別為AC)
(1) —Did Linda see the traffic accident?
—No, no sooner _________ than it happened. (天津卷)
A. had she gone B. she had gone
C. has she gone D. she has gone
(2) No sooner _________ mowing the lawn than it started raining.
A. have I started B. I have started
C. had I started D. I had started
Maybe you have been to many countries, but nowhere else _________such a beautiful place. (遼寧卷)
A. can you find B. you could find
C. you can find D. could you find
7. 考查by no means等置于句首時的倒裝
當表示否定意義的副詞性短語by no mearns, on no accounts, in no case, at no time等置于 句首時，其后習慣上要用倒裝語序(與一般疑問句形式相同)。如：(答案為D)
I’ve tried very hard to improve my English. But by no means _________ with my progress. (重慶卷)
A. the teacher is not satisfied B. is the teacher not satisfied
C. the teacher is satisfied D. is the teacher satisfied
8. 考查not only置于句首時的倒裝
當not only…but also句式的not only部分置于句首時，其后習慣上要用倒裝語序(與一 般疑問句形式相同)。如：(答案為B)
_________ snacks and drinks but they also brought cards for entertainment when they had a picnic in the forest. (上海)
A. Not only they brought B. Not only did they bring
C. Not only brought they D. Not only they did bring
9. 考查not until置于句首時的倒裝
當not…until句式轉換成not until且置于句首時，其后的主句部分習慣上要用倒裝語序( 與一般疑問句形式相同)。如：(答案為B)
Not until I began to work _________ how much time I had wasted.
A. didn't I realize B. did I realize
C. I didn't realize D. I realized
(1) Only then _________ how much damage had been caused. (陜西卷)
A. she realized B. she had realized
C. had she realized D. did she realize
(2) _________ by keeping down costs will Power Data hold its advantage over other companies. (浙江卷)
A. Only B. Just C. Still D. Yet
(1) _________ that Maric was able to set up new branches elsewhere. (陜西卷)
A. So successful her business was B. So successful was her business
C. So her business was successful D. So was her successful business
(2) So difficult _________ it to work out the problem that I decided to ask Tom for advice. (廣東卷)
A. I did find B. did I find C. I have found D. have I found
12. 考查類似“so do I”結構的倒裝
So do I這類結構表示的是前面提出的某一肯定的情況，后者也同樣適用，通常可譯為 “……也一樣”“……也是如此”。如：(答案為CA)
(1) — My room gets very cold at night.
— _________. (江蘇卷)
A. So is mine B. So mine is C. So does mine D. So mine does
(2) —It’s burning hot today, isn’t it?
—Yes. _________ yesterday. (福建卷)
A. So was it B. So it was C. So it is D. So is it
13. 考查類似“nor / neither do I”結構的倒裝
nor [neither] do I這類結構表示的是前面提出的某一否定的情況，后者也同樣適用，通常可譯 為“……也一樣”“……也是如此”。如：(答案為B)
If Joe’s wife won’t go to the party, _________. (全國II)
A. he will either B. neither will he
C. he neither will D. either he will